[Gvsig_english] Raising awareness: Highlighting institutions / groups that use gvSIG

Joseph Reeves iknowjoseph at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 17:06:50 CET 2009

Dear all,

In order to highlight the use of gvSIG in various institutions,
businesses, groups etc around the world, could the gvSIG homepage
include a page featuring banners from users of the software? The idea
is simply that new users may be encouraged to see that gvSIG is in use
in a variety of high profile organisations and may be more likely to
want to become involved themselves. I believe this idea was discussed
at the last conference and agreed upon as a good idea, but I'd like to
take the opportunity to try and encourage it again. In addition, we
would like to include a similar page on our own website highlighting
users of the OA Digital gvSIG release.

I know the names of a number of impressive groups that are using /
teaching gvSIG - listing them all, with their logos, on a single page
would have a positive impact on the perception of gvSIG. I'd like to
start the list with Oxford Archaeology:
http://thehumanjourney.net/templates/jc_school_lite/images/tiny.gif

Cheers,

Joseph