[Gvsig_english] v1.9 alpha on Ubuntu 8.10

Squidjag colin.east at geospatial-ict.com.au
Thu Feb 12 12:22:41 CET 2009

Hi Jean,

Apologies for taking so long to respond. I don't know what I did wrong but
my install ended up the wrong directory and only sudo would run it (it was
owned by root). I had another issue and chose to go back to 8.04. Long story
cut short, I'm trying the OA version 1.1.2 with 8.10 (after a couple of
rebuilds). I will try 1.9alpha after I have learned some more about Lynux. I
intend to give it a shot in a Virtual Machine running Windows.

Thank you, and to Marcus too, for your assistance.

Cheers

Colin