[Gvsig_english] Version 2.0 final features vote?

silvio grosso grossosilvio at yahoo.it
Mon Jan 12 15:10:14 CET 2009

Hello everybody,

Benjamin wrote:
>If you feel the same about
>it: how about we have a vote on which new features should most
>importantly get into 2.0?

Only a question before casting my vote because I didn't attend the gvSIG's meeting in Valencia.

I have always thought the roadmap was not modificable (I know nobody stated this but...).
Actually, maybe, at present, nobody knows when gvSIG 2 could be released :-)

Obviously, gvSIG's users can write some suggestions or show some new bugs in this mailing list.
This is really appreciated and we did this in the past.
Nevertheless, I have always thought gvSIG's spanish developers must strongly respect the roadmap fixed by their employers. am I wrong?
As a consequence, in my opinion, in this regard, the input by the users is not really "important".

On the contrary, the input by users could be really important and mandatory regarding the new possible features to add in the Map.
For instance, the feature to export to svg or tiff format a map.
This help is important because some users were willing to contribute with their  money :-)
On top of that, the Map was supposed to remain mostly unchanged in the upcoming gvSIG 2 version.

Best regards,

Silvio