[Gvsig_english] gvSIG 1.9::questions about how to test new builds

Manuel Madrid madrid_man at gva.es
Thu Jan 29 15:51:12 CET 2009

Hi Wolfgang.

This is a good point.

In a normal scenario, I mean, in a normal development stage, all the
bugs and the feature requests are wellcome but we are not now in a
normal scenario. As you probably now we are working on a refactoring
that affects the data access. This refactoring will impact some
extensions more than other ones. As you suggested there are tools that
doesn't make sense to test like for example all regarding editing and
tables.

The tools that we are sure won't change after the refactoring are (as
far as I now, probably somebody could add some more information):
- Raster and remote sensing.
- Symbology.
So feel free to test them and report bugs and feature requests.

For the rest of the tools probably doesn't make sense to test them. At
the most you can report generic feature requests. We'll try to take them
into consideration deppending on the contracts we have at present and
the collaborations, as you know.

Regards,
Manuel.