[Gvsig_english] Sextante/gvSIG 1.9

Antonio Falciano afalciano at yahoo.it
Thu Jul 9 13:38:19 CEST 2009

Sergio Clark ha scritto:
> Sextante is included in gvSIG 1.9 alpha until build 1228. From that
> build it's not already included by default, but Sextante and other
> plugins have been prepared in order to make possible to install them on
> the latest builds of gvSIG 1.9.
>
> They are now available by ftp here:
> ftp://gvsig.org/pub/gvSIG-desktop/devel/gvSIG-1_9/ext/    and I guess
> they'll be soon also at the website for downloading.

Hi Sergio,
I'm sorry for the previous misunderstanding... I was clearly referring to
the latest Sextante nightly build.
The version available by ftp seems to be the latest stable release of
Sextante (old bindings). In the meanwhile, as you surely know, gvSIG
bindings have changed, so we have to wait gvSIG 1.9 bindings in order to
test the latest Sextante nightly build and gvSIG 1.9b together or
continue to test it with gvSIG 1.1.2.
Sextante nightly build offers many improvements and some new algorithms
compared to its latest stable release. So it would make more sense to
test it together with gvSIG 1.9 rather than an older release.
Thanks for your attention.

Best regards,
Antonio

--