[Gvsig_english] gvsig issues

Antonio Falciano afalciano at yahoo.it
Tue Jul 21 13:10:11 CEST 2009

Jagadeesh B ha scritto:
> Dear Kami ROUSSEAU,
>
> I am using windows xp and gvSIG 1.1.2. And when I try to add layer from net
> using ecwp://....../../xyz.ecw, the error will pop up. The image is not in
> local system. May I know the soln.
>
> Jagadeesh
>

> Kami Rousseau wrote:
>> Jagadeesh,
>>
>> When running under Windows Vista, the error
>>
>> User error java.lang.NullPointerException: null
>> com.iver.cit.gvsig.AddLayer.loadFileLayers(Unknown Source)
>>
>> on image loading could mean that that image file you are trying to use is
>> in a folder/directory for which you have no reading right/permission. For
>> example, you could be logged in as a simple user and trying to access an
>> image located in "C:\", "Program Files" or another user's account.
>>
>> Does this help resolve your issue?
>>
>> Kami ROUSSEAU

@ Kami
Unfortunately not! When I try to load a (local or remote) raster layer
with gvSIG 1.9b on MS Vista SP1 as administrator, gvSIG crashes without
leaving any trace into gvsig.log, but showing a warning message...
Instead, there's no problem with gvSIG 1.1.2. In the case of gvSIG 1.9b
I think that it depends by jgdal library, which is not compatible with MS
Vista (or with JRE 1.6_x), while in the case of gvSIG 1.1.2 I don't know
what happens. On other os, both gvSIG versions should work fine!

@ Jagadeesh
Firstly, can you send us your ecw URL, so we can verify if the problem
depends by your local installation or not?
Secondly, try with this URL (reported in the gvSIG 1.1 User Manual) and
verify if it works:
ecwp://raster.alava.net/datos/ecw/Ortofoto_5000.ecw
It should work on XP.

Cheers,
Antonio

--