[Gvsig_english] join and selection:: selection should remain after undoing join

Wolfgang Qual Wolfgang.Qual at muenchen.de
Tue Jul 28 14:22:09 CEST 2009

Hello Manuel,
oh. Seems to be quite complex. If it would be possible to edit the
joined table (add a new field in order to mark the records where a join
was possible),
it would be already a big help. Will this be possible in 2.0? Otherwise,
I really do not see a solution to make sure that the join worked for all
records.
Any ideas are appreciated very much.

Best,
Wolfgang

Manuel Madrid schrieb:
> Hi again, Wofgang.
>
> Obviously, we can't change this in gvSIG 1.9 bacause we are now about
> releasing gvSIG 1.9 RC. So is too late. What about gvSIG 2.0? Well... It
> seems that in gvSIG 2.0 the join tool will work in a different way than
> it does in gvSIG 1.9. It will manage three different tables: the source
> table, the auxiliar table and the result table. So rows selected in the
> result table won't keep on selected after undoing the join neither in
> the auxiliar table nor in the source table.
>
> So we think this is an interesting tool but with no trivial solution.
> What about writing a script in some of the scripting languages suported
> by gvSIG? We could help you to do it.
>
> Let me know what you think about this.
>
> Regards,
> Manuel.
>

> Manuel Madrid escribió:
>
>> Sorry Wolfgang! Let me ask developers about this to answer. We'll do as
>> soon as possible.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Manuel.
>>
>> Wolfgang Qual escribió:
>>
>>> Dear list,
>>> I have a question regarding the join function of gvsig 1.9x: after
>>> having joined a table B to a source table A, I would like to make a
>>> selection of the joined table. This selection should remain after the
>>> join / link to table B is removed again. This is extremely helpful in
>>> situations where the join does not completely work (key column does not
>>> fit 100%). As reported earlier before, a frequent task for me is to use
>>> the join function for the geocoding of addresses. Unfortunately, tables
>>> I receive from external sources frequently contain wrong spelling of
>>> those addresses. Consequently, the join will not work in any case. If
>>> the selection would remain, I could very easily identify those records
>>> with wrong spelled addresses.
>>> Any comments are appreciated very much!
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>> Wolfgang

	*Wolfgang Qual

* *Referat für Gesundheit und Umwelt*
Umweltschutz
Umweltvorsorge
RGU-UW 11

Bayerstraße 28a
80335 München

Telefon +49 - 89 - 233 - 4 77 17
Telefax +49 - 89 - 233 - 4 77 05

http://www.muenchen.de/umweltatlas
uw11.rgu at muenchen.de
Bitte beachten Sie die Hinweise zur elektronischen
Kommunikation mit der Landeshauptstadt München:
http://www.muenchen.de/ekomm