[Gvsig_english] NavTable 0.2.2: problem on windows xp with the .exe installer

silvio grosso grossosilvio at yahoo.it
Wed Jun 3 22:07:20 CEST 2009

Hello everybody,

First of all thanks a lot for this new great extension.

Unfortunately, I had a problem trying to install it on Windows xp home
edition (sp2) where I am using currently gvSIG 1.1.2 (both of them working
fine so far).

More precisely, after downloading the .EXE installer for NavTable 0.2.2 (windows version) I have launched it.
I confirmed to check the application requirement.
I confirmed to download the JAI (the 1.5 version). This was strange because I know I have already the Java machine for gvSIG...
At this point, after few seconds, a new windows pops up with an error message.
As a result, I had to shut down the installation because there was no way to go any further.
I tried many times to no avail.
I attached as jpeg a screenshot about this error (navtable_error_setup.jpg)

As I was too curious to test the extension I followed another method.
In short, I have download the binaries, I decomprimed them and pasted in the extensions folder of gvSIG 1.1.2.
Following this different way everything works fine and I am using the navtable without problems.

Best regards,

Silvio