[Gvsig_english] NavTable 0.2.2: problem on windows xp with the .exe installer

Juan Ignacio Varela García (Nacho Uve) nvarela at cartolab.es
Thu Jun 4 10:58:31 CEST 2009

Silvio, thank you very much for using NavTable.

As you say, that wrong installation process is very strange. NavTable uses
the gvSIG installer. It detects the gvSIG requeriments. If gvSIG was already
installed... JAI library must be also installed.

Anyway, we will take  a look to that installer.

Best regards,
Nacho

2009/6/3 silvio grosso <grossosilvio at yahoo.it>

> Hello everybody,
>
> First of all thanks a lot for this new great extension.
>
> Unfortunately, I had a problem trying to install it on Windows xp home
> edition (sp2) where I am using currently gvSIG 1.1.2 (both of them working
> fine so far).
>
> More precisely, after downloading the .EXE installer for NavTable 0.2.2
> (windows version) I have launched it.
> I confirmed to check the application requirement.
> I confirmed to download the JAI (the 1.5 version). This was strange because
> I know I have already the Java machine for gvSIG...
> At this point, after few seconds, a new windows pops up with an error
> message.
> As a result, I had to shut down the installation because there was no way
> to go any further.
> I tried many times to no avail.
> I attached as jpeg a screenshot about this error (navtable_error_setup.jpg)
>
> As I was too curious to test the extension I followed another method.
> In short, I have download the binaries, I decomprimed them and pasted in
> the extensions folder of gvSIG 1.1.2.
> Following this different way everything works fine and I am using the
> navtable without problems.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Silvio

Juan Ignacio Varela García (Nacho Uve)
Coordinador Grupo de Desarrollo
Cartolab - Laboratorio de Ingeniería Cartográfica
http://www.cartolab.es

ETS Ingeniería de Caminos, Canales y Puertos
Universidade da Coruña
Campus de Elviña - 15071 A Coruña (España)
(34)981167000 ext. 5493