[Gvsig_english] gvSIG 1.9 on netbook (atom CPU)?

Toni Pignataro toni.pignataro at wheregroup.com
Mon Jun 8 09:28:06 CEST 2009

Hello Silvio.

I have installed gvSIG 1.1.2 with the publishing extension on my eee PC
1000HE Netbook. (2gb of Ram and intel atom 280).
Maybe the performace is also dependend on what you want to do with gvSIG.
I did not really tested on working on raster data. But working with
shape data my gvSIG installation works fine on my netbook.

Regards,
Toni

silvio grosso schrieb:
> Hello everybody,
>
> 1) I would like to know if someone has installed gvSIG on a netbook (with an Atom Cpu)?
> I am interested particularly in the netbooks which have the  Linux version (not those with Windows xp or Vista).
> For instance, the Dell inspiron mini 9 (its web-page is: http://search.dell.com/results.aspx?s=gen&c=us&l=en&cs=&k=netbook+ubuntu&cat=all&x=0&y=0).
> On this netbook I would like to run the Ubuntu Version (http://www.canonical.com/projects/ubuntu/unr).
>
> 2) Is gvSIG fast enough (the usual RAM for netbook is 1 gb DDR 2 of memory)?
>
> 3) Is it possible to install the extensions of gvSIG?
> At this regards, for example, I am not sure about the 3-D pilot given the fact the video card, on netbooks,  is integrated on the mother-board.
> Maybe, this is a problem for this particular extension (sorry for the dumb question)?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Regards,
>
> Silvio

-------------------------------
Toni Pignataro
B.- Sc. Cartography and Geomatics
- Anwendungsentwickler und Projektmanager -

WhereGroup GmbH & Co. KG

Siemensstraße 8
53121 Bonn
Germany