[Gvsig_english] (Fwd) Re: Re:__Question_about_the_new_Junt

César Martínez Izquierdo cesar.izq at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 12:23:26 CET 2009

Hello Colin,

the tool only shows the COM port that has been able to detect (by using
rxtx library). If the able has not been detected then can't be used to
connect, and thus it is not shown in the dialog.

Please, ensure you plug the GPS before you open the config dialog.

And keep in mind that only following protocols are supported: NMEA
through serial port (or through USB port with a driver for serial
simulation), Garmin for Serial port and Garmin for USB port. Ensure you
GPS is able to communicate using any of those protocols, and that you
choose this protocol in the configuration dialog AND in the GPS.

Best regards,

  César