Re: [Gvsig_english] Question about the new Junta de Castilla y Leòn extensions for gvSIG 1.1.2

César Martínez Izquierdo cesar.izq at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 13:40:36 CET 2009

Hello,

I'm sorry, I was not really precise on my answer.
I'll try again:

- Gpsylon library (also known as gpstool or dinopolis) is used to
connect with NMEA and Garmin (through serial port) protocols. In turn,
Gpsylon uses rxtx, which are native libraries. I think they are
available for Mac, so it should be possible to make it work.

- For Garmin protocol through USB port, a different tool is used. Maybe
you know it, it's called GpsBabel. It is not used as a library (because
there is no library) but as a command. It is available for Mac as a dmg
image, but I don't know if this can be executed as a command. I'm sorry,
I don't have a Mac, so I can't test this.

Best regards,

   César