[Gvsig_english] some remarks/wishes for the field calculator

Wolfgang Qual Wolfgang.Qual at gmx.net
Tue Mar 24 15:22:34 CET 2009

Hi list, hello developers.
I have some wishes for the enhancement of the field calculator/table-tools. it would be very great, if they could be realized in a next version of the wonderful gvSIG.

1) possibility to add integer values _without_ decimal places: actually, this is a bug. I need to add integer values for P.O.-codes, housenumbers etc. Currently, gvSIG is always writing "34.0" or something like this.
2) possibility to calculate a series of numbers like 1,2,3,4... . I often need this function in ArcView (create ID-values for each row).
3) possibility to alter the order of the columns. this is not that important, but sometimes quite nice-to-have.
4) possibility to perform a sorting of the records based on more than one column (well this is a "wow"-wish. I know that this would cost lots of work for you.

Any comments are appreciated very much.
Best,
Wolfgang