[Gvsig_english] gvSIG won't run on Ubuntu 9.04

Padma Adi raifun79 at gmail.com
Fri May 15 05:21:11 CEST 2009

Hi, I am newbie on gvSIG, this is first time for me.I have a problem when I
have already install my gvSIG on Ubuntu. All just fine till installation
done. Then, I click on gvSIG icon in my desktop, but there is error message
"Could not launch application" "Failed to change to directory
''/home/roif/gvSIG_1.1/bin'' (No such file or directory)". My question is,
what I have to do, so I can get gvSIG run on my Jaunty? I have
"gvsig-1_1-linux-i586-withjre.bin" as my installer. FYI, I can run gvSIG on
my Jaunty by execute "home/(name)/gvSIG_1.1/bin/gvSIG.sh". But once again
I'm not pleasant with this. Sory if my english bad. Thanks.