[Gvsig_english] GvSIG 1251

Wolfgang Qual wolfgang.qual at gmx.net
Wed Nov 4 21:06:05 CET 2009

Dear Manuel, dear list.
first of all: many thanks to you for this detailled reply. I think that
this a very interesting topic and a very important, too.
What I would like to point out was the visibility and transparency of
the bug tracker, but while writing this, many other things come to my
mind which could be more visible. Easier to see..
Sometimes, it could be enough to create that "bug" button and provide
some information on questions like:
* how to use the bug tracker
* how to become a bug tracker
Only some documentation. If you look at qgis.org, you will see that
exactly this is done.

I like this very much. Using the international mailing list is ok. But
you never know whether the issue that you wrote to the list, is already
reported as a bug. For me as a gvsig-user, it would be also very
interesting to know: what should I test again? What is definitively
working (and thus has not to be tested again...). It would save time!

Well, the bug tracking is just an example, this directly brings me to a
more general topic... In these days of reconstruction and development,
most of the ressources might be captured with other things. But it's
worth to discuss about this. Currently, there is gvsig.gva.es and
www.gvsig.org. This is a little bit confusing, but you seem to have your
reasons for this construction. However, www.gvsig.org is a little bit
too sober and sometimes I have to search for things a little bit too
long. A nice layout which would provide the most important links and
some additional information (like "story of the month" would be great.
Mwah. This is what comes to my mind at the moment.. www.gvsig.org is
great, no question. But there are still things that can be
improved... :)

Best,
Wolfgang