[Gvsig_english] gvSIG international program: question about Tcharting tool presentation

Antonio Falciano afalciano at yahoo.it
Wed Nov 11 17:36:53 CET 2009

Vladimir Peric ha scritto:
> Dear Silvio,
>
> CarThema5 project is an example of unofficial customization of GvSig
> aimed to serve as a thematic charts creator tool. GvSig version 1.1.2 is
> used as a starting point of this customization.
>
> Although the results of the project are not widely used, the concepts it
> uses for data visualization might be worth presenting and could be used
> as a proposal for some future GvSig development directions. This
> includes interaction between python scripting console and GUI, documents
> generation tool, interaction between data, charts and legends within a
> map etc.
>
> Also, some extensions from this project might be interesting for
> offering as practical tools, such as AI export tool for GvSig map
> document.

Hi Vladimir,
CarThema project seems like the emergent Mapnik one, however its
potential integration (together with PAL library) with gvSIG sounds very
interesting, because it could assure enhanced rendering and charting
capabilities to gvSIG.
Furthermore, because I get the impression that jython console is not
much exploited by users, it could push to use it with all the deriving
benefits, such as the development of new further gvSIG extensions.
What do you mean AI? Artificial Intelligence? I would be glad if you can
provide more details about this.

> I will soon post a more detailed document related to this project, which
> will put more insight into this matter, and potential of integration
> with latest version of GvSig.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
Antonio

--
Antonio Falciano