[Gvsig_english] gvSIG and PostGIS encoding problem

Joaquim Seixas mapas at sapo.pt
Wed Nov 11 22:51:21 CET 2009

Hello,

I have a problem with gvSIG and the PostGIS related with the encoding
table. The gvSIG only can link to a PosGIS database with the encoding
UTF-8. This have a problem because the portuguese accents are
substituted by strange characters. However, when I tried to link to a
PostGIS with the enconding 1252 I received error messages!!!

It's not possible link to a PostGIS database with a encoding diferent
from the UTF-8??

I'm using gvSIG 1.9 (1244), PostgreSQL 8.4.1 and PostGIS 1.4 on WinVISTA.

Any help will be nice.

Regards
Joaquim