[Gvsig_english] Installation problem with JAI on XP, "generic installation/download" version

Stefan Keller sfkeller at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 14:44:44 CET 2009

I have two question regarding installation of gvSIG:

I experience problems with the installer on several computers with
Windows XP aborting during installation of JAI ("1607: Unable to
install InstallShield Scripting runtime.").

1. What's wrong there?

2. I could install JAI „by hand“ but I only find an .exe installer on
the download page. => A "generic installation/download" containing
only file (jars
in a .zip) would be of great help.

Yours, S.