[Gvsig_english] gvSIG is a viable robust alternative to commercially available GIS packages

Francisco José Peñarrubia fjp at scolab.es
Thu Nov 26 09:23:25 CET 2009

Hi Simon.

First of all, thanks a lot for this e-mail!! :-)
This release has been very complicated and we are glad the hard work is
useful finally.

We know we still have a long way in front of us, and not only about
developing but also about making community. We are sure you (and many
others) are helping us, for sure.

About your table list, there are some points I think right now is
possible to do with 1.9 + Sextante. For example: Projections on the fly
(vector data), Conversion from polygon to polyline (Sextante) and some
others maybe easy to add in the future.
I think it could be a good idea to put this list (an analysis in some
blog, OSGeo article, etc. It will be useful as marketing ( ;-) ) and
also to have this list in mind in order to complete it.

Once again, thanks for this e-mail, and also to other people that is
helping this project to grow and grow (and sorry for our mistakes...
specially in English translations ( ;-) )   and bugs ( :-(  )).

Fran

PS: Have a look to Sextante presentation in gvSIG meeting next week. I
think it could be interesting for your list....