[Gvsig_english] Labelling and annotations on GvSIG 1.9

silvio grosso grossosilvio at yahoo.it
Thu Nov 26 18:22:05 CET 2009

Hi Fabien,

Fabien wrote:
> I'm in front of a problem! Labelling is always empty! nothing at screen

On gvSIG 1.9 (latest stable version) on Windows xp professional (sp3), everything works fine for me (regarding labelling).
With the gvSIG's HTML manual, only in Spanish, it is a bit difficult to learn how everything is supposed to work :-)

In short:
1. I select, in the gvSIG's View, the layer I am going  to label.
To do so I double-click on it (this allows to open at once the layer properties).
2. I select the tab "labelling"
3. I select "enable labelling"
4. In the tab "Field to be labeled" I choose the field I want to label (e.g. Toponimo)
5. I click on Fixed height and I choose a value (e.g. 5)
6. I select "Units" as Millimeters
7 I change the tab underneath, in order to have it as "in the paper". This value is a bit strange for me but it works...
8. I select the tab "Fixed color". E.g. as black.
9. I click Apply to see the result.
10. I click Accept (if everything works as expected).

See the attached jpg image (gvSIG_1.9_labelling)

Best regards,

Silvio