[Gvsig_english] mac

Benjamin Ducke benjamin.ducke at oxfordarch.co.uk
Fri Nov 27 11:06:07 CET 2009

No worries, I am sure a version of gvSIG 1.9 on the Mac will
be achievable. It is really just a matter of dedicating
resources to it. Personally, I don't have access to a Mac OS X
machine (let alone a current 10.6 OS). Unfortunately, Apple
insists on bundling the OS exclusively with their own hardware,
so unless some anti-monopoly court case will be won against
this practice, a developer will need physical access to actual
Mac hardware. How about the Mac community here sponsors a
gvSIG developer for the Mac OS conversion by collection money
and buying him/here a little Mac Mini (light-weight and easy
to ship). If everybody interested in this makes a contribution,
the costs should be low for all involved. Especially if the
hardware can be bought for $ in the US. And I am sure some
gvSIG developer will be willing to put in some hours after
work for a shiny new Mac Mini ;)

Ben