[Gvsig_english] gvSIG 1.9 (build 1247): link buttons labels not entirely visible

silvio grosso grossosilvio at yahoo.it
Thu Oct 1 11:52:34 CEST 2009

Hi Ben,

Benjami Ducke wrote:
> while we are talking about the Join tool, could I ask:
> when will the ability to create symbology and labels
> based on joined fields be restored?

I am working with the very latest build, that is, gvSIG 1,9 (build 1247) on windows xp home edition (sp2).
I have just tried the ability to create labels directly from a join and it seems to work for me (without exporting to a new shapefile).
Maybe I didn't understand your problem correctly?

In short, I have joined the shapefile of my View with a csv table.
After that, I have opened its propriety windows.
I have labeled one of the new field joined (those of the csv table).
I have attached a screenshot with the results (labels_joins.jpg).

I didn't try the new symbology because I am waiting for the gvSIG's manual in order to understand how it works :-)

By the way, the window for joining two tables is a bit changed in this latest build.

Best regards,

Silvio