[Gvsig_english] Raster georeferencing

ernesto sferlazza e.sferlazza at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 09:53:21 CEST 2009

Hello list and developers
The algorithms at the moment available for raster georeferencing are
"affine" and polinomial (1st, 2nd and 3rd order). The question I
retrieve is: aren't "affine" and "polinomial 1st order" the same
transformation?
Anyway, nothing happens when I select "affine" transformation and try
to start the process.
Moreover: working with a 1st order transformation, if I use only three
Ground Control Points (the minimum theoretic to resolve the
transformation) the RMS should be zero, but it results different
instead. Why?
Best regards
Ernesto Sferlazza

--
ing. Ernesto Sferlazza
responsabile nodo provinciale di Agrigento del SITR Sicilia