[Gvsig_english] a question on how to use the new I18-extension

Wolfgang Qual wolfgang.qual at gmx.net
Wed Oct 21 21:18:53 CEST 2009

Hi list,
the new version 1.9 contains a great tool to manage, update local
translations of the program. I exported the german locale to zip and was
able to extract this file. However, I am wondering, how to continue. To
be more precise: which software is recommended to use for working with
these files? Normal texteditor? I opened the properties_de with gedit
(text editor for ubuntu), and the german umlauts (ü,ö,ä) were written in
a unknown format to me. Is this ok? Some hints would be g-r-e-a-t.

Best,
Wolfgang