[Gvsig_english] Importing Data in DMS form to gvSIG

Da Kn davkprivat at googlemail.com
Fri Oct 30 20:49:03 CET 2009

hello community,

i've already posted about this problem, so I'm sorry for this new one, but
unfortunately the problem remains, perhaps I'm doing a silly error.

I've got an Excel table with XX°XX'XX'' data and trying to import it into
gvSIG. projection should be WGS 84 (DMS), right? After adding the table
UTF-8 (assigned via shalom), gvSIG only shows one point at 0°0'0'' to me, so
the program can't read my data in XX°XX'XX'' form. How do I have to change
the pattern of my data so that gvSIG will read it correctly? importing data
in decimal degress works perfectly.

unfortunately I don't know another program which allows batch conversions
for DMS to Decimal, which would solve the problem. There are plenty of
single value converters which are perfect if one just wants to convert few
coordinates.

I will be very thankful vor any suggestions. thank you. greetings davk