[Gvsig_english] editing properties of attribute tables in OpenOffice

Robert Sanson SansonR at asurequality.com
Mon Sep 14 22:57:37 CEST 2009

The other thing to remember is not to sort or change the order of the attribute records, as you will lose the link to the correct geometry feature.

Robert

>>> Benjamin Ducke <benjamin.ducke at oxfordarch.co.uk> 15/09/2009 3:05 a.m. >>>
Hi Wolfgang,

I have done attribute table editing with Open Office Calc in the
past and it worked well. Changing data types as you suggested
works and is simple, encoding (UTF) can also be set explicitely.
The only limit is the number of records. Since version 3.0,
OOo Calc can handle ca. 65,000 lines, before that it was only
half as many.

Ben

--
Benjamin Ducke
Senior Applications Support and Development Officer

Oxford Archaeological Unit Limited
Janus House
Osney Mead
OX2 0ES
Oxford, U.K.

Tel: +44 (0)1865 263 800 (switchboard)
Tel: +44 (0)1865 980 758 (direct)
Fax :+44 (0)1865 793 496
benjamin.ducke at oxfordarch.co.uk

------

The contents of this email are confidential to AsureQuality. If you have received this communication in error please notify the sender immediately and delete the message and any attachments. The opinions expressed in this email are not necessarily those of AsureQuality. This message has been scanned for known viruses before delivery. AsureQuality supports the Unsolicited Electronic Messages Act 2007. If you do not wish to receive similar communications in future, please notify the sender of this message.