[Gvsig_english] NavTable 0.4: little problem about the .exe installer

silvio grosso grossosilvio at yahoo.it
Fri Sep 18 19:31:29 CEST 2009

Hello Nacho and all,

I have just installed NavTable 0.4 on Windows xp home edition with gvSIG 1.1.2.
I have many Windows xp installation on my computer because I use a Virtual Machine (I use VirtualBox).
Consequently, I run many gvSIG versions.
Just now, I am trying NavTable 0.4 and I am really happy about it.
Thanks a lot for your hard work!
gvSIG is going to rock!

The only litlle problem I have found is about the installer (..exe).
This same problem occured to me in the past too.
More precisely, the installer is unable to find my gvSIG installation.
This is strange because I have read it is the same installer used by gvSIG.

The steps to reproduce the problems are:
Click yes when, at the very beginning, you are required to install the Java Machine (even though I know I have already it...).
The installer crashes after trying to download the Java Machine..
On the contrary, if I try again and I click No I am "forced" to find the path to my Java Machine.
This last option is not too "user-friendly" in my opinion. Especially  for beginners.

To make it short, I preferred to download the NavTable_0.4.zip.
I have extracted all files and I copied them within gvSIG as suggested on the website.
This method worked fine (as in the past, with NavTable 0.2 where I had the same problem).

The strange thing is that this very same .exe installer worked fine with gvSIG 1..9 (build 1246) on windows xp home edition (sp2).

Best regards,

Silvio