[Gvsig_english] How to texture a scan map in gvSIG

Rafa Gaitan rafa.gaitan at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 11:01:31 CEST 2009

Hi Georges,

I'm not sure what you are really trying to do, but gvSIG has the ability to
load many raster formats (DTM or Image). gvSIG also has a 3D extension
developed, so if gvSIG is able to load the DTM, then the 3D part is able
too. After loading the DTM you can try to search an image raster layer to
cover the DTM.

Anyway first of all try to load the DTM in a normal view in gvSIG, and if is
able to do it then try the 3D extension.

The last build of the 3D extension can be downloaded from :

http://downloads.gvsig.org/pub/gvSIG-desktop/devel/gvSIG-1_9/ext/3D/9/

Of course the 3D extension is only compatible with gvsig 1.9 (currently in
stabilization process).

Greetz,
Rafa.

On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 7:33 PM, Georges Noel TIERSMONDO <
georgesnoeltiers at yahoo.fr> wrote:

> I have a DTM (from a scanned topographic map). Is it possible to
> texture (wrap) this scan map to this DTM in gvSIG.
>
> I need your help, some hints. ( I don't speak english fluently!!! Excuse me
> for my poor english)
>
> *Georges Noel TIERSMONDO *
> *Université de Kinshasa
> Kinshasa / Répulique Démocratique du Congo
> Email georgesnoeltiers at yahoo.fr*

Rafael Gaitán Linares
Instituto de Automática e Informática Industrial  http://www.ai2.upv.es
Ciudad Politécnica de la Innovación