[Gvsig_english] Question on GeoBD and Metadata when exporting to Oracle

Wolfgang Qual wolfgang.qual at muenchen.de
Thu Sep 24 08:59:16 CEST 2009

Hi list,
in our City administration, different GIS software is used to work with
spatial data. Among them, ArcMap and gvSIG allow to access a central
oracle spatial database. Thanks to the great GeoBD extension, accessing
that database via gvSIG is very comfortable, even exporting new layers
to the database is possible.
Yesterday, a colleague of mine who is in charge of the overall design of
the geodatabase asked me to provide some details on GeoBD's
capabilities. He asked me about metadata that is created by that
extension when exporting a shapefile to the oracle spatial database and
possibilities to set custom settings for the metadata. In this context,
he also talked about "tolerance" (SDO_TOLERANCE_1, SDO_TOLERANCE_2),
"resolution". I have no idea, whether GeoBD sets these values.
Therefore, I would be very happy, if someone of you (maybe the
developers from Prodevelop) could give me some details on the type and
values of metadata that is written to new oracle spatial layers. That
would be very great to have.

Best regards and thank you very much for your help.
Wolfgang

--
Wolfgang Qual
Landeshauptstadt München