[Gvsig_english] gvSIG 1.9 (1243): question on ps/pdf creation

Wolfgang Qual wolfgang.qual at muenchen.de
Thu Sep 24 09:39:05 CEST 2009

Hi list,
as reported earlier, ps/pdf export had it's problems in gvSIG 1.1.2. I
remembered that direct printouts (to paper) had a much better quality
than compared to printouts created from a pdf file generated in gvSIG.
So I thought: why not using the "print to file" dialogue within the
printing dialogue in order to create a ps-file and then convert it to
pdf using the command line (ps2pdf). The result looked very nice. Just
like what I desired to have (a pdf that looks like the printout).
I have the impression that creating pdf-documents via the print dialogue
works better than using the button "ps" of gvSIG. Could this be true? Is
there a difference in the underlying mechanism of creating pdf/ps? Or
did gvSIG 1.9 just improve considering ps/pdf-output? Curious about your
thoughts.

Best,
Wolfgang

--