[Gvsig_english] SUGGESTED FUNCTIONALITY gvSIG 1.9 (BN 1253) -- Sticky Tools Please!

Simon Cropper scropper at botanicusaustralia.com.au
Thu Apr 8 05:41:09 CEST 2010

Hi,

One of the most irritating behaviours of gvSIG is the propensity to
loose focus on tools being used.

Here is an example.

I have one layer selected and using the 'Information' tool querying
features. I select another layer in the ToC to query it and the focus
shifts to the 'Zoom in' tool. If I click on a feature to view its
attributes I suddenly find that I have zoomed in to the feature.

This sudden change in which tool is in focus can cause immense
confusion, especially to a newbees, and has resulted in significant
unexpected changes to files being edited.

--

Cheers Simon

Simon Cropper
Botanicus Australia Pty Ltd