[Gvsig_english] gvSIG on windows 2000 and wms-services

Benjamin Ducke benjamin.ducke at oxfordarch.co.uk
Thu Apr 15 17:46:56 CEST 2010

Wolfgang,

the only thing that can make a Java Virtual Machine crash like
that (without it being able to catch the error and display a
proper message) is a piece of code that is not Java VM code
but native C code being executed via JNI (the Java VM has no
control over how such code tortures your memory).
So I suspect there is a problem with the native binaries that
provide the raster data drivers (GDAL). Have you tried the
OADE 2010 version? That one has updated Windows GDAL binaries.

If that does not work then your only option would be to compile
a working set of binaries on Windows 2000 -> lots of work!

Best,

Ben