[Gvsig_english] Diacritics in gvSIG

Benjamin Ducke benjamin.ducke at oxfordarch.co.uk
Fri Aug 6 14:51:19 CEST 2010

Hi Jan,

I suppose this problem occurs with DBF attribute tables for
shapefile vector layers? If so, use "File->DBF Encoding" to
explicitely set the correct encoding of your DBF table
(which one that is depends on the software you originally
produced the DBF with).

I strongly suggest you use UTF-8 encoding for all your software,
files and databases.

Cheers,

Ben