[Gvsig_english] moving and copying of points

Simon Cropper scropper at botanicusaustralia.com.au
Wed Dec 15 07:02:19 CET 2010

On Wednesday 15 December 2010 4:36:06 pm Klaus Schaefer EH TZA wrote:
> can someone explain me how moving/copying of vector points (graphical
> interface) works? I've tried it a lot of times and I've read several
> instructions, documents and help files, but actually never succeeded. A
> step by step approach appreciated...

Hi Klaus,

Yes, this is one of the most unintuitive aspects of gvSIG.

The simplest thing to remember is the 'Edit Vertex' tool (run the mouse over
the toolbar) that appears when you edit a vector file "DOES NOT ALLOW YOU TO
MOVE A VERTEX" (well not directly anyway, from memory you can using the
control panel).

Use the 'Selection' tool (the orange polygon with white arrow) that appears
when editing the vector file. Click on this tool then select a feature. You
should see all the vertices with numbers next to each. Click on a vertex, you
will note a slight change in the polygon, line or point color AND THE VERTEX
BECOMES STUCK TO THE MOUSE POINTER. Now move the vertex where you want it.
CLICK you left mouse button again to release the vertex. Hit ESC to release
the 'grap' without actually doing anything. You can also move the vertex using
the control panel using commands but I have never really seen a clear
explanation of this that I can point you to at the moment.

I hope this helps.
--
Cheers Simon

	Simon Cropper