[Gvsig_english] Multipart geometries editing

Simon Cropper (Botanicus Australia Pty Ltd) scropper at botanicusaustralia.com.au
Mon Feb 1 23:38:48 CET 2010

Flavio,

gvSIG does not have the ability to split multi-part polygons so each of
the "parts" can be manipulated seprately.

The Sextante 0.5 Plug-in has a routine though called "Separate
multi-part features" under the menu "Tools for Cector layers".

This creates a new file where any multi-part polygon is split into its
component parts.

If you do not have Sextante 0.5 running you can find the instructions
for installation here...
https://gvsig.org/web/projects/contrib/community-doc/pub/test-docs/getting-sextante-0-5-to-work-with-gvsig-version-1-9-bn-1253/

Cheers Simon

Simon Cropper