[Gvsig_english] New "Alias" system in NavTable

Pablo Sanxiao psanxiao at cartolab.es
Fri Feb 5 17:46:57 CET 2010

Hi,

We have made some improvements in the "alias" system of NavTable. Now
it is possible to use the "alias" with layers from PostGIS also. The
old system is still working in order to keep the compatibility.

The new one is a bit different, now NavTable makes a folder into the
configuration directory of gvSIG called navTable, inside this folder
makes another one called "alias". In this last is where we have to
create the "alias" files for the layers we want.
The filename for the .alias must be the same that the layer in the
TOC, this way we can load "alias" for Shape files and PostGIS also.

This new system will be available in the next stable NavTable release
to gvSIG 1.9 (The current one is a Beta version), that we hope release
in the next weeks. I attach the jar file so that you can test it if
you want.

Any suggestion will be welcome.

To install, just copy the jar into:

- Windows:
 instalation_dir_gvSIG\bin\gvSIG\extensiones
\es.udc.cartolab.gvsig.navtable\lib\

- Linux:
instalation_dir_gvSIG/bin/gvSIG/extensiones/es.udc.cartolab.gvsig.navtable/lib/

Pablo Sanxiao Roca
Grupo de Desarrollo
Cartolab - Laboratorio de Ingeniería Cartográfica
http://www.cartolab.es

ETS Ingeniería de Caminos, Canales y Puertos
Universidade da Coruña
Campus de Elviña - 15071 A Coruña (España)
(34)981167000 ext. 5493