[Gvsig_english] Java VM question

Silvio Grosso grossosilvio at yahoo.it
Mon Feb 8 22:26:21 CET 2010

Hi Rory,

Rory wrote:
> the version of Java installed is Version 6 Update 13 (build 1.6.0_13-b03)
> Do you think it will work?

I am not a Java developer, however, while waiting for the answer of gvSIG
developers, I can tell you that I have installed gvSIG 1.9 (build 1253), on
Windows 2000 prof (sp4) on 3 computers.
The Java machine is 1.6 (not 1.5). Everything "seems" to work fine so far
:-)

The gvSIG Oxford version has the Java Runtime Environment version 1.6r17
(Linux and Windows versions only).
For more information see:
http://oadigital.net/software/gvsigoade/gvsigoade2010beta

Best regards,