[Gvsig_english] Registering raster & Editing polygon layer

Padma Adi raifun79 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 07:04:48 CET 2010

Hello,

As we know that gvSIG is one of Opensource GIS Software that the GUI just
looks like ESRI’s. I have already install gvSIG 1.9 in Ubuntu 9.10. I know
that the digitizing on gvSIG make by Autocad way. As I usually using ESRI’s
software (Arcview 3.x), I am little confuse when I want to begin digitizing
on gvSIG. So I have some questions that related with the problems.

1.       When I use a raster image (JPEG) as digitization source and I have
to register in some projection system. If in the ESRI’s I commonly use
Register and Transform tool, so how I can do that in gvSIG. Is there any
extension for the gvSIG so I can do the registration?

2.       In Editing session, how I can make subtract, union, combine on
polygon layer, just like in Arcview one?

Any problem solve for that 2 question I will say thank you very much. Sorry
for my bad English.

Best Regards,

Raifun.