[Gvsig_english] Three queries re gvSIG OA Digital Editions, 1.1.2 & 2010 (1.9)

Sal Garfi sal.garfi at btinternet.com
Wed Feb 17 19:40:11 CET 2010

Dear all, and especially the OAD people,

Query 1 -
I've been using OAD's gvSIG 1.1.2 for a while and I've recently downloaded
gvSIG 1.9 (OAD 2010 beta edition). I've also installed the 2010 edition on a
colleague's computer, but when she tried opening the program the following
message came on the screen:

error copying the file number 1:'../lib/msvcp71.dll'-->'../jre/bin/'

So can anyone tell me what this means and how can I remedy it?

Query 2 -
In the work session I had with my colleague, and since she couldn't use the
OAD 2010 edition, we decided to continue working with OAD's edition of
1.1.2. This was fine, but we had problems georeferencing scanned plan
drawings. There were few reference points so we could only use 3 to 5 points
on each image, but repeatedly, the images did not georeference correctly,
they were usually out to one side by ca 10 to 20 centimeters. This wouldn't
have been a problem with large scale maps/plans, but these were
archaeological trenches of modest size. So, has anyone else had this problem
and can it be remedied?

Query 3 -
Also using OAD's edition of 1.1.2, the following error message sometimes
occurs when I try opening up a gvSIG project:

Error abriendo el documento: Data_34_DBF. Project Table

This obviously referred to one of my dbf files, but how and why did it
occur?

I hope that someone can help me with these problems.

Regards,
Sal Garfi