[Gvsig_english] Three queries re gvSIG OA Digital Editions, 1.1.2 & 2010 (1.9)

Benjamin Ducke benjamin.ducke at oxfordarch.co.uk
Wed Feb 17 21:45:58 CET 2010

----- "Sal Garfi" <sal.garfi at btinternet.com> wrote:
> message came on the screen:
>
> error copying the file number 1:'../lib/msvcp71.dll'-->'../jre/bin/'
>
> So can anyone tell me what this means and how can I remedy it?

Possibility 1: Your hard disk is full.

Possibility 2: You installed gvSIG as a different user (administrator?) than
you are runnig it as and it has not write access to the jre/bin directory.
You will need to run gvSIG as the same user who installed it.
We will fix this problem for the final release of gvSIG OADE 2010.

Possibility 3: The installation is corrupt or incomplete. Remove and install again.
Make sure that you have enough free space on the hard disk you are
installing to.

> Query 2 -
> In the work session I had with my colleague, and since she couldn't
> use the
> OAD 2010 edition, we decided to continue working with OAD's edition of
>
> 1.1.2. This was fine, but we had problems georeferencing scanned plan
>
> drawings. There were few reference points so we could only use 3 to 5
> points
> on each image, but repeatedly, the images did not georeference
> correctly,
> they were usually out to one side by ca 10 to 20 centimeters. This
> wouldn't
> have been a problem with large scale maps/plans, but these were
> archaeological trenches of modest size. So, has anyone else had this
> problem
> and can it be remedied?

GvSIG 1.1.2 only does affine transformations. This is not good enough
if the images you work with have strong distortion. In that case you
need a polynomial transformation, which gvSIG 1.9 provides. You also
need a large number of points that are nicely spread over the images.
If you don't have those, then there is not much any GIS can do for you.

> Query 3 -
> Also using OAD's edition of 1.1.2, the following error message
> sometimes
> occurs when I try opening up a gvSIG project:
>
> Error abriendo el documento: Data_34_DBF. Project Table
>
> This obviously referred to one of my dbf files, but how and why did it
>
> occur?

The old gvSIG has many problems with attribute table, especially joined
tables. Please don't use that version any longer.

Cheers,

Ben