[Gvsig_english] TIP - Using ImagePrinter to print maps to JPEG format (Windows Only)

Simon Cropper (Botanicus Australia Pty Ltd) scropper at botanicusaustralia.com.au
Wed Jan 6 10:44:48 CET 2010

Chris,

I currently use OpenOffice. Sucking in a PS or PDF into Draw is a messy
business and does not really work (I have tried this many times to no
great success). It also is two steps rather than one.

I have looked at Scribus but it is actually more a publications type
program rather than a word processor.

The idea, from my point of view, is to minimize the number of steps
involved with importing a file from gvSIG to OpenOffice Writer, maximize
the retention of detail and minimize the file size.

Also, my reports are rarely maps with extra info, rather 100-200 page
reports with 10-20 (-40) maps to support my observations, analysis and
recommendations.

Cheers Simon

Simon Cropper
Botanicus Australia Pty Ltd