[Gvsig_english] TIP - Using ImagePrinter to print maps to JPEG format (Windows Only)

Chris Puttick chris.puttick at thehumanjourney.net
Wed Jan 6 08:35:10 CET 2010

Although, not to be difficult, one freely available, common and cross-platform office suite can open PDF files using a plugin i.e. OpenOffice with the PDF Import extension. This imports the PDF into the drawing application which can be used something like a DTP application to modify and append information to the map and around the map.

Scribus can also open PDFs as an image, so if your map is complete and you just want to write a report around the map(s) it might also be a one stop shop.

Regards

Chris