[Gvsig_english] SUGGESTED FUNCTIONALITY gvSIG 1.9 (BN 1253) -- Tables

Simon Cropper (Botanicus Australia Pty Ltd) scropper at botanicusaustralia.com.au
Fri Jan 8 06:14:02 CET 2010

Hi,

1. I notice that no where in the GUI does it actually tell you the path
to listed external tables. The path to external tables should be
included in the properties section of the project manager, similar to
how the layer properties box lists the path.
2. When resizing the table window (or any window in gvSIG for that
matter) the hot spot is only 1-pixel wide. I find that at times I can
miss this hotspot. If I have a window behind the table then you can
accidentally trigger an action in this window. This is most obvious in
attribute tables. It would be desirable to have a larger hotspot in the
lower window, a bit like the 'three-bar diagonal' symbol used in firefox.
3. It would be desirable to be able to edit an attribute table without
having to edit the shapefile. Three reasons: one, the entire view is
disrupted with the appearance of the command window; two, it is
unnecessary; and three it exposes the 'spatial data' to accidental changes.
--

Cheers Simon

Simon Cropper
Botanicus Australia Pty Ltd