[Gvsig_english] querying a shapefile

Simon Cropper (Botanicus Australia Pty Ltd) scropper at botanicusaustralia.com.au
Tue Jan 12 04:28:01 CET 2010

Nik,

My first choice would be approach Nacho (nachouve at gmail.com) about
getting a precompiled version, along with instruction on how to set it
up (relatively easy). I have all the pertinent details and files but I
would need express permission to send you a copy as Nacho bypassed the
list server when interacting with me (I took this to mean that compiled
files were not necessarily public). He did post the source code onto the
public server as noted on my previous post.

Unfortunately I do not use Ubuntu and I have not yet found an easy way
of compiling java source to a workable JAR file. By all accounts the
best option is establishing Eclipse IDE (http://www.eclipse.org/) but I
have not tried this myself.

Cheers Simon

Simon Cropper