[Gvsig_english] FEEDBACK gvSIG 1.9 (BN 1253) -- use of gvSIG in production environment

silvio grosso grossosilvio at yahoo.it
Thu Jan 21 10:08:20 CET 2010

Hi Simon,

Simon Cropper wrote:
> Each tutorials is about 10-15  pages long and I estimate that I will prepare about 15.

Thanks a lot indeed!
I am sure gvSIG's users are going to appreciate your work :-)
Having English tutorials for gvSIG, 1.9 version, is wonderful.

>That is about  225 pages already and all I am covering are the basics.

Maybe I may suggest a topic for your tutorials.
I think it would be useful to have a short exercise-tutorial about the use of postGIS with gvSIG.

In conclusion, just one last suggestion, even though I am sure you have already considered it :-)
I would like to suggest the option, for the users, to download not only the tutorials (e.g. the Pdf) but also the files (e.g. the shapefiles) regarding the workshops.
In doing so, an user could try to replicate exactly your work on his computer.

With other Italians I have partecipated in translating the gvSIG's manual concerning the previous version of gvSIG (ftp://downloads.gvsig.org/gva/descargas/manuales/gvSIG-1_1-man-v1-it.pdf)
In my opinion, in the end, having only the gvSIG's Italian manual, and not also some practical tutorials (e.g. some workshops) was a shortcoming for Italian users.

Best regards and keep writing ;-)

Silvio