[Gvsig_english] FEEDBACK gvSIG 1.9 (BN 1253) -- use of gvSIG in production environment

Agustin Diez Castillo agustin.diez at uv.es
Thu Jan 21 16:50:27 CET 2010

Maybe a good idea is to put hands on the wikis. Certainly a 500 pages books is a hard task but if each us write one or two pages we can reach a 40 pages booklet in no time.
I myself have some wikis (in Spanish) here [1] and there [2] to help out my students, some have already been translated into English [3] by others but, as far as they don't have tons of text, I myself can do an english version that can be proofread easily in doowikis.
[1] http://www.doowikis.com/m/GjViWfIBz4
[2] http://www.doowikis.com/m/uXwFgF6TZd
[3] http://www.doowikis.com/m/i5eNy43OTL

On Jan 21, 2010, at 4:11 PM, Chris Puttick wrote:

> ----- "silvio grosso" <grossosilvio at yahoo.it> wrote:
>
>> Hi Ben,
>>
>>> ... and now I am starting to regret that there is no gvSIGWiki!
>>
>> The Wiki, for gvSIG, would be really useful.
>> Wolfgang Qual and others proposed it in the past but, in the end, this
>> suggestion has never been applied.
>> Luckily for us, gvSIG's development is proceeding so fast that any
>> tutorial proposed becomes outdated in no time :-)
>
> A wiki is just the right documentation tool for such a product! We could build a gvSIG wiki on wikidot real fast. In fact, unless someone wants to say why not, I'll set the w(iki)heels in motion...
+1