[Gvsig_english] FEEDBACK gvSIG 1.9 (BN 1253) -- use of gvSIG in production environment

Simon Cropper (Botanicus Australia Pty Ltd) scropper at botanicusaustralia.com.au
Thu Jan 21 22:48:25 CET 2010

Hi,

This thread has obviously touched a nerve.

The concept of a wiki is a good one as it would allow content to be
delivered quickly.

I would also be happy to contribute towards a community managed wiki in
English.

Maybe the base to the wiki could be the English manual currently being
updated by the gvSIG team. If we could get the originals of the 1.1.2
manual this could also be imported quickly. Once this is done it would
only be a matter of identifying areas no information exists and other in
need of serious update -- and as stated if everyone pitches in it could
become a pseudo manual in no time.

Having contributed to a range of these things I think it important that
a secure repository is found to house the content, there is a moderator
ensuring only suitable content is added and that the wiki is a usable
(you would believe some of the monstrosities I have seen that call
themselves wiki's =-O ).

Maybe people should nominate wiki that they think work well.

Cheers Simon

Simon Cropper
Botanicus Australia Pty Ltd
PO Box 160, Sunshine, Victoria 3020.