[Gvsig_english] FEEDBACK gvSIG 1.9 (BN 1253) -- use of gvSIG in production environment

Antonio Falciano afalciano at yahoo.it
Fri Jan 22 11:37:28 CET 2010

Il 22/01/2010 11.07, silvio grosso ha scritto:
> Hi Ben,
>
> Benjamin Ducke wrote:
>> People need a strong motivation to contribute and
>> getting credit for their work can provide that.
>
> Yes, you are right.
> "Getting credit " is probably the most important motivation for contributing, for free, in a Wiki.
> Quite often, GIS's users are workers with a regular job.
> Having their contribute recognized in the Wiki's webpage is a good motivation.
>
>> All we need is a consensus and then we can vote for one or more editors
>
> For me whatever editor is fine. As long as it is easy to use :-)
> Most Italian translators are not professional programmers.
> Probably, some of them, would be willing to contribute too.But, we Italians, are a bit "lazy".
> Therefore, it is vital to choose something "easy" to cope with :-)

Silvio,
we Italians are a bit "lazy", however, as you know, we were the first
to traslate gvSIG 1.1 User Manual! ;)
In short, I think that two things are strategic right now:
- the translation of further documentation about gvSIG 1.9 (which can
easily be integrated with the gvSIG 1.1 one);
- the translation of a good quick guide, such as gvSIG OADE one.
IMHO, they are both easy tasks and a good point of start, otherwise the
risk is that gvSIG 2.0 will come and there's no gvSIG 1.9 available yet.
At level of infrastructure, IMHO gvsig.org Plone wiki is the best place
where to do such things, without scattering resources or energies.

Just my two (euro)cents

Cheers,
Antonio

--