[Gvsig_english] FEEDBACK gvSIG 1.9 (BN 1253) -- use of gvSIG in production environment

silvio grosso grossosilvio at yahoo.it
Fri Jan 22 12:04:19 CET 2010

Hi Ben,

Benjamin Ducke wrote:
> By "editors" I was actually referring
> to living people that
would curate the Wiki contents

Sorry for my misunderstanding. English is not my native language.

As regards, the Italian Wiki contents, many Italian users and translators read regularly this mailing list.
There is also an Italian mailing list for gvSIG.
I hope we can find, among us, someone who is available to add Italian contents.
For instance, the Wikipedia page for gvSIG has been already translated into Italian (http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/GvSIG).
As for me, I am available for translating from English to Italian.
I might be one of the "living" editor :-)

In my honest opinion, for gvSIG spread, the most important documents are those which will be produced in English.
Most Italian gvSIG's users know English pretty well.
Consequently, to start with, they would be more than happy to have them in English.
For example, during the translation into Italian of the gvSIG's manual (version 1.1), most of us chose the English version as a reference.
Not the Spanish one.

Best regards,

Silvio