[Gvsig_english] gvSIG 3D: two questions

Jordi Torres jtorresfabra at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 19:05:39 CET 2010

Hi Silvio, Antonio et all,

Without the 3D extension I could double-click on its upper bar in order to
> maximize it quickly.
> On the contrary, with the 3D extension I lose this option.
> In other words, I can no longer double-click on it to increase its size
> quickly.
> Every time, I have to drag its border to adjust it (it is a bit
> frustrating).
> See the image attached (3d_double_click_off.png)
> Maybe is it normal with the 3D extension?
> I have not studied yet the 3D manual thoroughly :-)
>
> There are known problems when rendering 3D in a OpenGL canvas on SWING
windows. When a Java window occludes the OpenGL canvas Windows it doesn't
work as expected. To solve this problem we developed the docking skin for
gvSIG. We encourage all 3D users to work with docking skin. IMHO the Docking
skin is more handy than the other skins for 2D users too.

You can use this skin clicking on Preferences->General->Skin and select
DockingManager. And then restart gvSIG. Tell us what you think about this
skin please.

> My second question is more serious :-)
> To start with, Antonio Falciano and I, are going to translate into Italian
> the Spanish strings of the 3D extension.
> Is it correct that there are only 5 folders where we must change them?.
> They are:
> org.gvsig.ext3Dgui
> org.gvsig.extAnimation2D
> org.gvsig.extAnimation3D
> org.gvsig.extAnimationCommon
> org.gvsig.extAnimatioinGUI

Yes, this is right.

Regards.

> Antonio Falciano and I are going to work with OpenOffice Writer, in order
> to have both the .odt and the Pdf manual.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Silvio

Jordi Torres Fabra

gvSIG 3D blog
http://gvsig3d.blogspot.com
Instituto de Automática e Informática Industrial
http://www.ai2.upv.es